Monday, February 04, 2008

Capitol Records Building

Every once in a while, I am blessed with the chance to really do something that is, well, too cool for school. Today was one of those days.

As part of my job, I occasionally have to interview people on camera. Sometimes they're famous, most of the times less famous and, either way, it typically happens in relatively benign location. Not this time.

Called on to interview young recording artist Ferras, his EMI team originally suggested doing the interview at the Grove. For several reasons, this became a non-starter, so the record company suggested doing the interview at the Capitol Records building. I thought great, it's more than half way home, I get to leave early, I'll do the interview instead of my producer, blah blah blah.

Then, they email back and ask if I wanted to do the interview on the Capitol Records building rooftop. Ah, yes, please.

Now, inside the building was more than cool enough. It really is just a small round building, crammed to the rafters with nostalgia and rich in music history. But on the rooftop, with very short walls, with the sun setting on a wind-blown, clear Los Angeles winter twilight: FUCK YEAH.

Of course, I wasn't smart enough to bring a real camera, but what follows are a few snapshots from my cell phone (click to magnify).





No comments: