Sunday, October 05, 2008

Dodgers Win!

The last time I went to a post-season playoff game was 1978. 30 years ago. I was 11. Ok, so now you know how old I am. When the Dodgers had their amazing run in 1988, I was living in Boston, finishing my last year at Brandeis (I celebrated along the night Gibson hit his homerun by jumping so high I hit the ceiling and then calling every Yankee fan I knew and rubbing their faces in it -- I was a kid, but I'd probably do the same thing today).

So, it was special enough going. And, I got tickets for today's game, but a friend from college, Howard, emailed me Tuesday from NY and offered me free tix to Saturday's game instead, field level, to the left of home plate. What was I to do? I had to go.

And it was amazing. Amazing crowd, amazing team, amazing atmosphere. Last night's game will be remembered for a long time.

Let's Go Dodgers!

No comments: