I was going to do a post on the closing of the Wertz Candy store -- it's becoming another gallery -- and decided to google "atwater village wertz" and really didn't come up with what I was looking for. Though, I did come across this (pdf) from the L.A. Conservancy which gives a good brief history of our little village.
So, anyway, Wertz Candies is closed and a gallery is going in. Other news highlights include:
1. The space next to Villa Romi (the fab salon) will become a clothing store.
2. There is space next to CC Pounder's gallery.
3. The Manilla Market building is apparently going for about $2million
4. Strato -- next to Canele -- contrary to a commenter on Atwater Newbie's blog, is not a new restaurant. That name has been in the window for years. I believe it's a film company...
5. The much talked about wine bar looks like it's going to be a pizza place. A wine bar sure would go nicely, though, on this ever-growing gallery destination...