Saturday, April 07, 2007

My Birthday Project

This year I am turning 40. In four months. 16 weeks. Until now, I haven't really thought about how I would mark those years. Sure, I thought about having a party or renting a beach house or sitting alone on top of a hill. And I may still do that.

However, today, while walking, I came up with the plan. It was a long walk. A two hour walk. And the plan: to do something that I've never done before at least once every weekend between now and my birthday and then every weekend after my birthday for a year. And write about it here.

Sometimes -- maybe often times -- the new weekend adventure will be prosaic, but sometimes -- hopefully -- it will be fun and maybe even enlightening. I may not even be able to do something new every weekend, but I'm gonna try.

Life is short and it's worth exploring. Let's see what we find.

4 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

Very cool, Miles! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Mheir and I haven't thought too much about the upcoming birthdays yet...

Of course one thing you haven't done is visited us here in San Jose. I'm just saying...

But really, I love your idea.

Miles said...

And it will be one thing I do for sure (and something I regret not having done thus far.).

Edward Padgett said...

Great idea Miles, I'm in my fifties and I'm always doing something new when possible.

Only problem with getting older, I forget things. So happy birthday ahead of time, incase I forget.

Miles said...

Thanks Ed.