Tuesday, February 01, 2005

What Happened to Air America

Ok, well, I posted about this in a response to John below, but I just so damned well liked what I said that I thought I'd move it out on it's own for my slim audience to take a gander...

Well, actually, it appears as though it plum doesn't want to post. So, here it is in a nutshell.

Multicultural Radio Broadcasters owned Air America affiliates in Chicago and L.A. when the network launched. They didn't like what they heard -- maybe it was too multicultural -- so they claimed that Air America had stiffed them on payment and immediately knocked down the stations.

Now, ironically, Republican favorite Clear Channel is coming to the rescue -- in L.A., at least. They must sense profit because when it comes down to it, that's all they really care about.

More about what happened to the original affiliates here.

2 comments:

John August said...

Thanks for the answers, Miles.

Michael said...

I have been reading over 30 blogs today and your What Happened to Air America struck a chord that I believe will make music for my http://www.woodhomebiz.com/OurAffiliates.html. Miles information from your message will be posted on my webs and you will be given credit. You get right to the heart of Affiliates Programs related material. Looking forward to coming back and picking your brain. Hope you do not mind.