Monday, May 21, 2007

Colorado Blvd. or My Birthday Project #6

Happened about a week ago. I'm swamped at work and, therefore, have less time than I would like to write regularly. Carl, Lena and I -- after an afternoon at the Gorgeous Huntington Gardens (named after Henry Hungtington -- it's his old house -- who made a fortune building then selling streetcars in Los Angeles in the first half of the 20th century -- shunned the freeway and took Colorado Blvd. all the way to Glendale.

After cursing through some of the more congested intersections in Pasadena, we crossed over the spectacular Colorado St. bridge (famous for it's architecture and formerly frequent suicides), through now-bustling Eagle Rock and into Glendale.

It was glorious. See, you don't have to take the freeway in L.A.

Project #5 coming up: Mother's Day at Wicked at the Pantages.

1 comment:

Mike said...

The 134 between Glendale and Pasadena is one of my fave stretches of freeway in L.A... but I also love the Colorado drive. Especially because of the bridge, and the now-bustling Eagle Rock stretch. Gotta stop at Swork!