Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Getting Started

Ok, well, I've started a blog several times in the past but always let it slide...usually after just one posting. This time, maybe it'll be different. This time, for the new year, I resolve to share my thoughts with more and more frequently. Frankly, I'm scared enough about the direction the U.S. is going in under Bush and his criminal cronies and as I sit here in L.A. on this abnormally wet and windy evening (more than 5 inches of rain has fallen in the past 24 hours), I am here to try to help move this country back in the right direction and make this world a better place. My heart goes out to the tens of thousands of families affected by the devestating tsunamis in Asia, to the tens of thousands of families (American, Iraqi, British, and on and on) who have lost loved ones to Bush's failed misadventure in Iraq (and for that matter, Pakistan, Afghanistant and maybe coming soon, Iran and Syria) and say tonight and every night: enough. Let's do better. Let's not go to war for profit. Let's not scrimp on early warning systems to save a few bob. Enough. let's do better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious...i can just envision it.....next time try el pollo loco, where the dress code is less stringent......