Friday, December 29, 2006

The Year in MilesThink

Why not? Every other blogger worth their salt (whatever that means) is doing it, so here goes, here's a look back at some of my favorite posts:

January 1: Namaste And, let's start the new new year off with that as well, why don't we?

February: A view of Los Angeles from Griffth Park after a big storm. Is any other major city more beautiful then L.A. when it's scrubbed clean? I think not.

February: Cooper, brought home from Ireland, tries to play with our older dog Sabrina. Hilarity and agression ensue.

March 22: The beginning of the 4th year of the Iraq war. We didn't know why we were there in March (or any time before) and we certainly don't know why now, tonight, as we learn of Hussein's hanging.

March 25: Si se puede. The political/socio-economic world begins to shift and it starts with 500,000 people marching through Los Angeles.

April 17: Mass Transit in L.A. then and now. With the expo line beginning, the eastside line extending, plans for a line down Wilshire to the beach, and traffic worsening every day, mass transit is back in our life and we'll all be better for it.

May 1: Mas de "si se puede" (photo from L.A. Times)

May 22: Lancelot Link. Sadly, I believed that the full episodes and mini doc were going to be released on DVD. Instead, some illegitimate company back east released them, incomplete and at low quality, and refused to stop selling them even as ABC (part owners of the show) sent them a cease & desist. ABC doesn't seem interested in pursuing legal action and that's where it stands. It's sad.

May 27: Kevin deLeon. He was campaigning door to door and he accidentally (I assume) left my front gate open and my dog got out. Well, I got annoyed and got up on my electronic soap box and the result was that he went ahead and became our next Assemblyman regardless of my blog and I received more comments than any other post ever. I hope he's a better Assemblyman than gate closer.

June 9: Tranny Special

June 12: Gay Pride

June 13: Who said, "L.A. is a harsh mistress, but she's my lady."

June 27: Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica at Sunset.

July 2: Why a national sales tax is patently unfair. It still is.

July 7: Habibi's Falafel? Middle eastern food in Atwater Village? As if...

August 5: Grape Stomping is not for amateurs. Watch it again.

August 15: New York Subway story.

September 10: Canele. Boy, did I get alot of comments. I loved it then and I love it now. And I guess I'm not alone. So there.

September 13: Best Interview Ever. James Brown. R.I.P.

September 28: The future L.A. subway map. Still gives me chills.

October 4: A death in Atwater Village.

October 31: Halloween in Atwater Village.

November 28: Best Burger in Los Angeles and the McGriddle: A love story.

December 6: Taco Truck Lady: A love story.

December 10: Nana Sandra. 8 days before she died. Rest in Peace.

Well, there you have it. The good, the bad, the amusing, the sad. You take them all and there you have the facts of life. The facts of life.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy and more peaceful new year. Lord knows, the whole planet could use it. Namaste.

No comments: